The Lake Superior Outreach Coordinator serves the people and communities of Wisconsin by addressing local, statewide and national issues, improving lives through research-based education, fostering partnerships and action, and facilitating positive impacts that support:
- Thriving individuals and families
- Effective organizations
- Healthy and vibrant communities
- Strong economies
INITIAL POSITION FOCUS:
This position will have a primary emphasis on supporting the Lake Superior National Estuarine Research Reserve and the Lake Superior Collaborative. This position may also serve stakeholders and colleagues anywhere in the state periodically. Initial position focus will include:
- Support for the Lake Superior Collaborative, a group of 150 individuals affiliated with 37 different partners including federal, state, and local governments, tribal natural resource departments, academic institutions, and nongovernmental organizations, by coordinating their organizational and Action Plan implementation efforts in the Lake Superior watershed.
- Support for the Lake Superior National Estuarine Research Reserve by providing planning and facilitation expertise for Reserve programs in coordination with the Coastal Training Program Coordinator.
- Provide programmatic leadership and focus on capacity-building of individuals, organizations and partnerships to address natural resource issues in the Lake Superior watershed and beyond.